4 teens already hospitalized from Four loko


https://i2.wp.com/www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/1712878.jpg

WHITE PLAINS – Police say four teens were recently hospitalized in White Plains with alcohol poisoning after they drank a beverage that looks like an energy drink.

According to police, the teens drank Four Loko. One can of the drink contains 12 percent alcohol, caffeine and sugar. The malt liquor beverage is sold in most stores. Police say due to that combination, teens are getting violently ill.

“They call it Coke in a Can, it’s a dangerous game,” White Plains Police Commissioner David Chong says. “What they’re doing is they’re chugging it.”

Chong warns store owners that they will be penalized if they do not ID people buying Four Loko, or any other alcoholic beverage.

This entry was published on June 1, 2010 at 11:06 AM and is filed under 914 News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: