A Wild Fire At Downtown White Plains Restaurant

article by : @MALLEY914

WHITE PLAINS, NY — At least 10 firefighters required medical attention for heat exhaustion and smoke inhalation during a fire that started in the Bengal Tiger restaurant at 140 East Post Road today.

The blaze, which firefighters battled through much of the afternoon in mid-90s temperatures, spread to three other businesses.

The cause of the fire in the Indian restaurant was not immediately known, although firefighters told local media it started in the basement of the building, then spread to a dry cleaner, a cafe and a shoe store on the block between Mamaroneck Avenue and Court Street. No civilian injuries were reported.

The farmers market that operates in a parking lot off Court Street behind the restaurant was forced to close.

This entry was published on July 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM and is filed under 914 News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: